Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Goodbye!

In a few hours, I will be set apart as a missionary. Since when am I going on a mission? Since when am I 21?! Since when is it already 2012? Since when is it April?

I still feel like I should be the 10 year old girl who had her goals taped to her ceiling above her bed, so she could look at them as she feel asleep. Along with "Run the 400 meters under a minute," was the goal, "Serve a mission in 2012." That seemed so far away.

And it always seemed so far away. And now, here I am. And I wouldn't rather be in any position. It would be nice if I was packed and felt prepared, but besides that I am so ready. So ready because it's what I've always wanted. And why do I want it? Because I am who I am because of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am forever grateful for His sacrifice for me, and I want to sacrifice what I can for Him. I have been given so much, and I want to give. I have felt so much joy from living the gospel, and I want others to feel that. I don't know how one can live without knowing who they are and the grand scheme of things. I NEED to spread the message that we are children of God! There is a plan for us! This life isn't it! We have a Savior who makes it possible for us to return to God! Obedient to the commandments is the way to find true happiness!

If there is only one thing you know about me, please know that I know the gospel is TRUE.

Here's my heart, take and seal it.

Your (Soon-to-be) Sister Missionary,

Faith Goimarac

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, I feel like this post needs music it was so beautiful. It reminded me of something the pastor of my church told us. He said that the more we are like Christ the more we are like ourselves. I'm kinda sad knowing your going, even though you already live far away as it is, but I guess its a good kind of sadness.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...