Thursday, January 6, 2011

There is a Green Hill Near at Hand

I don't have much time, but I just wanted to say I am here and couldn't be happier! After saying goodbye to dear friends in Provo, a 6-hour layover and 14 hours of flying (when I had to eat a Kosher meal because they ran out of normal meals, and the flight attendant called me a sweetheart for not screaming that something went wrong) we arrived in Tel Aviv. Driving into Jerusalem at night was surreal. The Jerusalem center is like a palace, and the view out of every window is breathtaking. And then, to see my reflection in the window and realize where I am is even more dreamlike. I just can't believe I'm here, living on the Mount of Olives. But I am sure glad I am!

My fellow students are an incredible group and I'm so excited to get to know each of them better and learn from their excellent examples.

We went on a tour of the city this morning, but couldn't take cameras because we didn't want that to slow us down. But pictures are soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...