Monday, March 19, 2012

On the Shores of Galilee

A year ago I was spending 10 days at the Sea of Galilee.

 Where Christ calmed the winds and waves to become as smooth as glass.  Where He walked on water.


 Where, perhaps on this hill, He cast devils into pigs who went running into the sea.


Where, nearby in the Jordan River, Jesus was the perfect example for all of us and was baptized.

Where, on this hill side, He gave the Sermon on the Mount. And a year ago I read that incredible Sermon at the place it was given. I'll never forget it.


Where, on these very shores, He called to Simon, Peter, and Andrew and said, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." And they straightaway left their nets and followed him. And their life was never the same.
Little did I realize that a year from then I would be leaving my fishing behind to fish for men and invite them to follow Christ.

And little did I know that I would watch three of my roommates open their calls to become fishers of men, and watch over a dozen of my Jerusalem girl friends and three of my freshmen roommates decide to leave their nets, too.

Last Friday my dear roommate Jamie opened her call. She's leaving for the Russia Moscow West mission in July. I'm so happy for her!

Here's how we feel about it. Happy, because what could be more happy than the opportunity to share the happiness that the gospel brings us?




More reminiscing? This post, and this one bring back the good Galilee days.

1 comment:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...