Friday, February 11, 2011

Come Thou Fount

This was my view today. We had a wonderful lesson in class and read the dedication prayer of Solomon's temple. Solomon prayed "that the Lord may incline our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments...that all the people of the earth may know that the Lord is God, and that there is none else."

It's the not the Jerusalem air I breathe or the streets of the Old City I walk that have inclined my heart to Him, but the Holy Ghost. I know that each of us, no matter where we are, can incline our hearts to him, so that we will only want to walk in His ways, to keep His commandments. "Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it."

Just like God has been with the people of Israel throughout history, I know He continues to be with us. He guides the future as He has the past. There are things that will change in our lives beyond our control, but our faith in God and His guidance, help  and comfort can always be a constant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...