Wednesday, January 18, 2012

All Things Testify

The other day I was eating a clementine. As I pulled it apart into perfect little delicious sections I couldn't help but think again that this world is not an accident. Oranges could not just happen to be created in a way that perfectly divides them into bite-size sections for eating. Yes you can argue that they evolved that way, but I choose to think God made them just the way they are.  This thought comes to me often as I study the human body and how it fights infection, or, for instance how it has systems that regulate life without us even being aware, like insulin secretion. It is such a priviledge to study something as incredible as the human body.
 I remember feeling the Spirit often throughout my life when I was outside in a beautiful place and just knowing that the earth was created for us. That's probably a reason why I love being outdoors so much and why "How Great Thou Art" is one of my faves.


I'm in a wonderful Pearl of Great Price class right now and in studying Moses I read this quote by John A. Widstoe, “The earth came into being by the will and power of God. … Chance is ruled out. Latter-day Saints believe that the earth and the heavens and the manifold operations within the universe are products of intelligent action, of the mind of God”   


Photosynthesis, healthy newborns, miles of desert composed of individual grains of sand, skies dense with stars...

And what is so mind-blowing is that the same God that created so much incomprehensible beauty also created US! We, as humans, are his exclusive work and greatest miracle. We are what He created everything else for. His great purpose is to help us achieve eternal life and immortality. And, we can help Him by spreading the gospel and leading others to Him.


"His whole work and glory is to bring eternal life and happiness to his children. Should not our whole purpose in this life, therefore, be made up of righteous service one to another? If not, how can we ever hope to be as he is?” Marion G. Romney







"To truly reverence the Creator, we must appreciate his creations. 
Today, we can easily become surrounded by brick buildings and asphalt surfaces that shelter us from real life around us.
 Plan to share with your family the miracle of buds changing to fragrant blossoms. 
Take time to sit on a hillside and feel the tranquillity of the evening when the sun casts its last golden glow over the horizon. 
Take time to smell the roses." 


~M. Russell Ballard


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad God created me! Otherwise my life would be pretty blank. lol

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...