Monday, January 2, 2012

Faith in the Future

Sometimes the title of your blog just pops at you and slaps you in face. Ok, maybe yours doesn't, but mine did. Sometimes, I need to remind myself that I need more faith in every footstep.

Faith in footsteps that are clearly lit or steps into the dark when you're not sure where they're going to lead you.

Footsteps way from home when you won't see your home for nearly two years until you get home from your mission in October 2013.

Footsteps away from your home ward in Sedona, away from people you will miss.

Footsteps away from your mom and dad who you will only see for a few more days in April before the 18-month hiatus, and who you will miss with all your heart.

Footsteps into a semester that you're really not sure about.
HOWEVER,

 “My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.”
~President Monson


Faith is what carries me through it all. It's what makes me realize the future is not really grey at all but something to look forward to. And I realize that without my faith I would be quite depressed, fearful and unhappy right now. And this realization is what helps me know that serving a mission is worth all the hard footsteps leading up to it, because I can share my faith to help others through the moments when they feel like their future is everything but bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...