Thursday, April 21, 2011

Born Again

Just like any BYU institution, the Jerusalem Center shares this motto:
Enter to learn, go forth to serve.

Christ told his apostles before He left them, "Freely ye have recieved, freely give."
In Jerusalem, 

I have freely recieved.
       Liberally from God I have received

friends,

                                                       professors,
                 
                beautiful views,

                                                    
                                           opportunities,

but mostly, the Spirit that has caused many "born again" moments. Moments when I burn with a desire to do what God would have me do, no matter what it is. Moments when I want to reach out to everyone around me and when I love every person in my eyesight, even strangers.

Although hard to leave a place that offers an environment so conducive to righteous living,
I'm not looking back at the Jerusalem Center behind me...
but using it as I look to the future.

Freely I have recieved this incredible experience and all that it entails, and freely I want to share it through my actions--through who I am.

And now, after the many testimonies I have born on this blog, this is the testimony last of all which I give of Him: that He lives! I have walked on the shores of Galilee where He walked, I have prayed in Gethsemene, I have walked on the temple steps He preached on, I have felt his love at the Garden Tomb, and each place has stirred my soul and overwhelmed me with His love. We do not have to see Him to know Him-- the Holy Ghost is witness enough. And although I have felt the Spirit in Gethsemene, you don't have to be in Gethsemene to feel the Spirit. It is offered to each of us no matter where we are.

And, although it is nice to have walked where He walked, wouldn't it be better to walk how He walked? My experience is available for everyone to experience without a plane ticket.  You don't have to follow the footsteps of the Savior geographically to follow in His footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...